Swim Clinic Ltd is a swim school offering swimming lessons and coaching to children and adults.
This Privacy document explains how we use the data we collect.
How do we use the information? The information is used to provide swimming lessons and enables us to book the appropriate lesson, issue invoices, manage the client’s account with us, monitor pupil progress and contact our clients.
Marketing. We only send information to our clients regarding forthcoming swimming lessons and additional swimming courses such as intensive courses during holiday periods and swimming related courses such as (but not limited to) lifesaving, diving and water sports. We do not market the products and services of 3rd parties.
Do we share client information with 3rd parties? We do not share information with 3rd parties for marketing purposes. However 3rd parties are involved in the processing of our client data. We use companies that comply with the European Data Protection Directive 2018:
- MOR Solutions Limited provide the management and booking system that we use. www.morsolutions.co.uk/blog/privacy-policy/
- Go Cardless Ltd – the company we use to collect our direct debit payments. www.gocardless.com/legal/privacy
- TSO Host is the company we use to host our website and provide our email hosting. www.tsohost.co/legal/privacy-policy
- Paypal – our online payment processing for card payment and Paypal payments made by our clients. www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Sugar Synch – cloud storage. www2.sugarsync.com/privacy
- Microsoft One Drive – cloud storage. www.privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
How do we store and protect information? We store information in the following ways:
- Paper based. Stored in a locked cabinet which can only be accessed by the key personnel of Swim Clinic Ltd.
- Electronic – data collected using the SwimSoft facility provided by MOR Solutions Ltd. Data is stored on a password protected data base and on a password protected server provided by MOR Solutions Ltd. The data is input and accessed by Swim Clinic Ltd, key personnel only, and is not stored on hardware owned by Swim Clinic Ltd as it is a server based system
- Electronic – data such as, and not limited to emails, letters, lesson spreadsheets are held securely using cloud storage and are backed up to a hard drive which is stored securely in a locked cabinet. We use a high level anti-virus and firewalls.
We store information for as long as it is required. The minimum time is to enable us to provide swimming lessons for as long as a swimmer is actively swimming with us, the maximum time will be 7 years after cessation of lessons which is the recognised time recommended by HMRC due to the client records held including financial information.
Communication from us. All clients agree to receive communications from us. Clients have the right to opt out from receiving marketing information, but as above we only market clients with swimming related lessons provided by us.
Access to your information. Our clients have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about them. If a copy of this personal information is required we accept requests by email or in writing. It is important to us that information we hold is correct and up to date – clients may also ask us to correct or remove information that is incorrect.
How to contact us.
Mail: Swim Clinic Ltd. Harwell Innovation Centre, Curie Avenue, Harwell Campus, Oxon OX11 0QG
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookies. When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Paypal, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.