We’re looking forward to welcoming your children to our swimming sessions.
Due to the current covid situation there are a number of changes we have had to make to our normal procedures and a copy of our covid19 safe plan is available separately.
Just want to ask you to have a chat with your child before their first lesson so that there are no surprises. A lot of things are going to feel very different.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the lesson. If you arrive close to the lesson start time or afterwards, your child will need to wait until the children leaving the pool have exited.
- There is an area to remove outdoor shoes at the end of the entrance corridor. Children can either store their shoes in their own swim bag (preferred), or leave them at this shoe area.
- Parents are not permitted to be in the pool area. We suggest you stay in your car in the car park but please do not leave the school premises.
- Before entering the pool area each child will have their temperature taken (their forehead) and need to use hand sanitiser.
- Inside the pool area your child will be asked to stand at the side of the pool. Within their area will be numbers on the wall and to ensure social distancing they will be asked to stand by a number. They will remove their outer clothes, put them in their bag (brought with them), and place the bag in a plastic container for storage. If you prefer you can remove their outer clothing before they come in and keep their bag yourself.
- The teacher will call each class to the pool for the lesson to start. On our Facebook page there are photos of our teachers which you may like to show your child.
- For some non swimmers or children with special needs the teacher will be in the pool and will be wearing a visor. Please see photo of a visor being worn on our Facebook page which you may like to show your child.
- We have numbered our pool aids and toys, and each child will use the same item for the whole lesson. All equipment has been sanitized before each lesson.
- Please ensure your child can put their own goggles and hat on as we are not allowed to help them. Please see the video on our Facebook page.
- After the lesson your child will exit the pool and walk towards their allocated changing room where their bag will be ready for collection, and they will get changed. We regret that showers won’t be in use to ensure a speedy use of the changing rooms. If you have decided to wrap them in a towel and take them straight home, or change them outside of the pool building in your car, please wait for them outside the door and a member of our team will oversee your child to the door.
- We will have extra admin staff on duty to ensure that all runs smoothly.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/swimclinic
Looking forward to seeing you all!
Carole, Lucy & Katy
Tel 07919 001335